Opti-mum is childbirth education with a twenty first century twist where we focus on the mind-body connection in order to facilitate optimal health for pregnancy, birth and parenting. We offer the Opti-mum Birth Skills Workshop (one day labour and birth focus).
Currently most childbirth and parent education occurs towards the end of pregnancy. However, we believe that an earlier start is ideal because it offers greater opportunity to integrate the tools during your pregnancy and this will provide more powerful opportunities for learning. We therefore welcome enquiries at any stage during pregnancy. This is not assumption on our part. We know that it works! There is insurmountable evidence that shows the positive effect on the mind body connection when practicing mindfulness.
Opti-mum courses offer discussion, interaction and reflection with professional midwives, educators and mindfulness practitioners providing your premium learning experience. We will support you to thread together key elements to create a positive and rewarding mindful birth journey or mindful birth skill set, which means you will be guided you from a place of anxiety or fear to one where you will be informed, empowered, excited and relaxed.
YOur 1-day Birth Skills Workshop includes:
- Understanding how your hormonal system can help or hinder labour and birth.
- How to create the optimal birthing environment and what to expect at each step in labour.
- Preparing partners and birth companions for their important role in the labour and birthing room.
- Providing you with tools that will help you to optimise the ‘rest and digest’ hormones during labour and birth.
- Introducing you to a range of skills that will help to keep you focused during labour and birth.
- Defining 'birthing in awareness' and the importance of this concept in becoming parents.
- making mindful decisions at any labour intersection for empowering birth
- focused and non-focused awareness exercises to invite and embrace labour sensations